OnCrawl's crawl results are organized into different dashboards, or groupings of related tables and charts.
For example, information about sitemaps can be found in the Crawl Report, under Indexability, on the Sitemaps dashboard:
In addition to the 40+ pre-configured dashboards available in OnCrawl, you can also create your own.
Why create your own dashboards?
Dashboards group charts that help you:
- Track specific information
- Quickly find the charts you want
- Create and re-use reports for clients and decision-makers
Don't forget: you can generate a PDF of any dashboard by clicking on the PDF button at the top of the dashboard.
- Pre-set chart segmentations
How to create your own dashboard
Open the Dashboard Builder
- From the crawl results, scroll down in the TOOLS folder in the sidebar
- Click on Dashboard Builder.
Choose the charts to add to your dashboard
You can add charts using any or all of the following strategies:
- From the "Categories" view, click on a round category. This adds all of the charts in the category to your custom dashboard.
- Switch to the "Charts" view. Use the search box at the top or click on topics to expand them. Choose the chart you are interested in and drag it onto the dashboard template on the right.
- Pre-load the charts from another custom dashboard, if you have one, by selecting it from the "Load custom dashboard" drop-down menu at the top of the editor.
Note: Though some charts have the same title, they may not be the same. They may show data from different sources. Once you add the charts to your dashboard, you can tell them apart by looking at the data sources listed at the bottom of the chart while using the Dashboard Editor.
Some charts may be unavailable for the current project. They are displayed in dark gray and cannot be added to the dashboard template.
Charts with an orange "COC" label concern Crawl over Crawl data that compare two crawls.
Edit the charts on your dashboard
- Drag a chart to a new position:
- Move to a new row
- Move to a new column in an existing row
- Add to an existing column
- Edit chart properties. Some charts have editable properties. Click on "Edit" at the top left of the chart to access and edit them.
- Delete a chart by clicking on the trash can symbol at the top right of the chart.
Start again from scratch
Click "Clear" at the top of the editor to remove all of the charts and tables on the dashboard template.
Save your custom dashboard
Click "Save as" at the top of the editor to save the current configuration as a template.
- Provide a name for your dashboard. For example: "Orphans"
- Optionally, you can group related custom dashboards together. For example, you might create a group "Site structure" for dashboards "Orphans" and "Depth analysis".
- By default, this dashboard will remain in the editor and any modifications you make will be automatically saved. You can clear the editor by unticking the "Keep the current dashboard builder content" checkbox.
- Click "Create dashboard".
How to view a custom dashboard
Custom dashboard is now available in the crawl results for the current project under "My Reports" in the sidebar.
If you created a group for your dashboard, expand the group to see your dashboard.
How to manage custom dashboards (and modify an existing custom dashboard)
There are two ways to access the list of custom dashboards:
- From the Dashboard Builder, click on the gear at the top right of the editor.
- From the project home page, under "Analysis", click on the "Manage custom dashboards" button.
From this page, you can see a list of your custom dashboards. Several actions are possible:
- Reorder the list of dashboards. Drag the bars at the right of the line to a new spot in the list. Dashboards appear in this order under "My Reports" in the crawl results.
- Modify the dashboard by clicking on the pencil. This will take you to the Dashboard Builder. Any changes you make will be saved automatically.
- Rename the dashboard or change its group by clicking on the T symbol.
- Download the dashboard as a .json file by clicking on the download icon.
- Delete the dashboard by clicking on the trash can.
Upload a custom dashboard in .json format
From this page, you can also upload new custom dashboards in .json format from your computer. Since custom dashboards, like segmentations, are specific to a project, this a great way to share dashboards between projects.
- Drag your .json file and drop it in the dotted blue square, or click within the square to open the upload window.